Sidor

Saturday 15 June 2013

Northern Thailand is a wonderful place...

I made a promotion video, for a project supporting orphanages in Thailand, that was the result from a trip I made to Thailand in November last year.

Many children in Thailand are forced into prostitution or drugs before the age of 16. It's actually realistic to help all of these children to a better life in a not to distant future. That's what organisations like Baan Chivit Mai and Thaid.no are working with.

This promotion video was commissioned by the Norwegian association ANSA Australia to be shown on the Norwegian national day to collect money for this project.

The Making

It was some challenges in the making of this video since I could only bring a limited set of gear to Thailand. I didn't bring a tripod or slider to this shoot. Everything was shot with my Canon 600D, handheld with a 50mm lens (without stabiliser).

I had an idea, beforehand, of how I wanted the finished video to look and feel, but I wrote the final script after the shoot. I still got everything I needed (except from the sunrise), and I'm generally happy with the end result.

I think the candle time lapse worked well tying it all together and it also created a clear link to education, with the blackboard in the background, which is a very important factor in the process of helping these children to a brighter future.

No comments: