Sidor

Wednesday 30 October 2013

ScanArt 2013 - Scandinavian Art Exhibition


ScanArt is an annual Scandinavian Art Exhibition for Scandinavians living in Australia and New Zealand. This year was the 8th annual exhibition and I was in the board as Director of Marketing, Treasurer and Media Producer. I made two pieces of videos for this exhibition.


The day Melbourne turns Scandinavian



About
"The day Melbourne turns Scandinavian" was a promotion video for the exhibition. We spread it all over Facebook on our webpage and wherever we could think of. We released this video about a month before the exhibition. The purpose was to fill up the gallery on the opening day, and it seemed to be successful. The gallery filled up fast on the opening night and stayed full for the whole evening.

Execution
The video is written and directed by Anja Celine Pedersen who also had the role as the Swedish girl in the film (even though she is Norwegian). I was cinematographer, editor and acted as the Danish viking. The video also starred Juba Sinkala as footy supporter, and Janne Bjørnsen as Norwegian skier. Janne also helped out during and before the shoot as grip and camera assistant.


Submit Your Art



About
The goal with "Submit Your Art" was to get people to submit their work to the exhibition. It was played on the Norwegian constitution day for Norwegian students, here in Melbourne, in connection with a presentation my girlfriend and I had about the exhibition. 

Execution
I scripted and animated this piece. The graphical elements was made by our graphic designer Ida Louise Wæraas.


It has been a hectic time working with ScanArt, but it has also been fun and I have learned a lot, like that Facebook is a very good communication tool but that there also can be a lot of misunderstandings (especially when I am writing in Swedish and the others in Norwegian). Now when the exhibition is over, I can focus on my coming projects, and I have a lot of things going on, so stay tuned.

No comments: